Welcome to back to the new school year in Golden Valley Unified School District. I hope that you and your children had a wonderful and relaxing summer vacation and that you are ready for a fantastic school year! As your Interim Superintendent, I know I am truly looking forward to meeting each and every one of you and working with you to provide the best education possible for all of our students. I have been blessed to have had 22 amazing school years in this community, and I’m just as excited as ever for my 23rd.
As we opened our schools this year, it is evident that great things are happening and our community is growing. GVUSD opened its doors to approximately 2000 students, ranging from grades TK-12. I would like to thank our entire professional learning community for your preparation for the 2018-2019 school year. Because of your efforts, we experienced another very successful start.
GVUSD is excited about what this year has to offer. We truly believe in the importance of teaching and learning and have a committed staff that will ensure all of our kids are given a great education in a caring and supportive environment. Although times and people may change, our core values have not. With the support of our Governing Board and all of our stakeholders, Golden Valley Unified School District will continue with our LCAP goals this year. They are as follows:
- Students will reach high standards.
- All students will be engaged in learning state standards through a rigorous and relevant curriculum.
- All students will be taught by highly qualified professionals in a clean, caring and secure environment.
- GVUSD staff will find innovative ways to involve parents and community members in preparing our students for college and careers.
In order to keep our focus laser-like as we pursue these goals staff will focus on fulfilling our guiding principles which were derived from the GOLDEN VALLEY WAY!
As a Community of Leaders We Will…
- Guard the high expectations set by our professional learning community.
- Vow to ensure rigorous learning, in every classroom, that is relevant and applicable to the real - world.
- Unrelenting pursuit for victory with honor because competition is real and is important for learning and building character.
- Shape trusting and collaborative relationships within our learning community
- Develop the individual capacity of our students and staff in a respectful, safe and collaborative professional learning environment.
These principles will provide staff a solid foundation to conduct our daily tasks as we pursue our goals for the 2018-2019 school year, all the while, maintaining a focus on providing rigorous and relevant learning experiences for all of our students.
We are fortunate to be a part of this wonderful community and together we will prepare students for careers of their choosing!
Kevin Hatch, Interim Superintendent